Advanced UDP/TCP Active Port Forwarder
NetworkActiv AUTAPF is an easy-and-quick UDP and TCP port forwarder for Windows. AUTAPF is stand-alone: No third-party components or frameworks are needed. The port forwarding is processed from head to toe within this single app. Another advantage is that AUTAPF sports a dual-mode user interface -- accessible both locally, and through a Web browser. Unlike passive solutions, AUTAPF offers real-time log viewing and connection-specific data logging, letting you keep track of what is happening and when. Designed with fault-tolerance and for high-throughput, AUTAPF supports a reliable and responsive network infrastructure.
Features and Benefits
- Forward multiple ports simultaneously with rock-solid stability.
- Filter clients by IP address, optionally in real-time via text-file monitoring.
- View data throughput speed, total bytes transferred, and connection count.
- See when clients establish connections to your ports, optionally logging to a text file.
- Configure your forwards locally using a GUI, remotely using a Web browser, or universally using both.
- Run without installing, run installed, or run as a system service -- your choice.
- Run directly from a flash drive while using relative folder paths for all settings.
- Keep it clean by hiding in the system tray.
- Get future-ready with full support for IPv6 and ScopeIDs.
- Optionally bind interfaces via IPv4, IPv6, or MAC address.
- Capture data transfers from UDP and TCP ports while saving to disk in real-time.
- Split and multiplex UDP datagrams in multiple directions, such as for relaying SNMP traps to a slew of servers.
- Take full advantage of your investment with 64-bit CPU utilisation for optimal performance.
- Keep your servers accessible with an interface monitoring system that keeps the forwards flowing -- even in unstable conditions.
As of this writing, the current trial is limited only in that there is a periodic trial reminder screen that pauses the forwarding while displayed. Note that these limitations may change at any time without notice.
Aside from those language options built into AUTAPF and available through the language choice dialogue (via the Language->Change menu option), the following language string files are available for download. These are used through the bottom option on the language choice dialogue just referred to. To download, right-click the download link and choose your browser's Save as... option.
- No translations have been procured since the release of the current version.
The AUTAPF story
One day there was a person who needed to run a Quake III Arena server on a second (internal) computer. The second computer accessed the Internet through the primary (gateway) computer via Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). NetworkActiv saw this need and thought, here is an idea for a new program. About a month later sprung NetworkActiv AUTAPF, an extensible UDP and TCP port forwarder optimised for low-lag multiplayer gaming and Web-page serving. Unfortunately, the aformentioned person no longer had an Internet connection ;(
(A true story by NetworkActiv)
64-bit CPU and operating system are highly recommended, but 32-bit will suffice for basic purposes.
15 MB of available disk space.
16 MB of available RAM. More may be required, depending on number of running port forwards, number of simultaneous sessions, and logging options.
1024x768 or higher screen resolution is highly recommended.
Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8/8.1 (32 or 64 bit).
Installation requires administrative privileges, but installation is optional.
Internet Explorer version 8.0 and equivalent (or higher) is recommended for the Web-based GUI.
IPv6 support requires that the IPv6 protocol be installed on the system.
Full line of available versions
Recent version update history
Main changes in version 2.0.2:
- Resolved an issue with the installation on certain 32-bit systems.
Main changes in version 2.0.1:
- Added Chinese translation of user interface.
Main changes in version 2.0:
- User Account Control (UAC) compatibility for proper support of Windows Vista and higher.
- Improved handling for running as a system service.
- Improved handling for system shutdown.
- Support for IPv6, including automatic handling of scoped addresses.
- Automatic relative path technology for true portability.
- Web-based login for configuring and monitoring port forwards in a Web browser.
- IP filter files are now text-based like the DTFIPF system. Both are now compatible.
- New option to test an IP address against the configured IP range filters.
- Right-clicking PFO headings now allows specific columns quickly to be shown or hidden.
- Now available in 64-bit.
- PFOs now can be copied and pasted, including between program instances.
- Local and remote addresses (and their ports) now can be copied to the clipboard via right-click.
- Version 2.0 can import settings from ASCII or Unicode builds of version 1.0 or 1.1.
- Overall program font-size now can be configured -- in Preferences or on Language dialogue.
- Basic port ranges now can be created automatically via a new tool found in the PFO menu.
- Grossly improved handling for a large number of PFOs.
- Multiple PFOs now can be selected, toggled, copied, and pasted at once.
- New option in Preferences to disable ghost-binding, or binding of interfaces that are unavailable.
- Outbound-local (OL) binding now supports MAC-based binding.
- Grossly improved resolving performance for local and remote addresses.
- New Log Tail technology available through the View menu shows latest log activity, even when file-based logging is disabled.
- Data logging for storing transferred data for each connection or session into its own file.
- PFOs now retain statistics even after they are restarted, such as when interface goes down.
- New parameters for automatic logging, #TCD and #TSD, record total-client-data and total-server-data (in bytes).
- New PFO advanced option: TCP No-Nagle.
- New PFO advanced option: TCP Keep-Alive (OOB).
- UDP multi-destination support with automatic multiplexing.
- Many bugs and glitches were removed.
- Many various other changes and improvements were made.
Main changes in version 1.1.1:
- Can now bind interfaces based on MAC address (for Windows 98 and up).
- Can now bind interfaces based on hostname or other resolvable address.
- Other binding options are now per-PFO (rather than global).
- A few minor, additional improvements.
Main changes in version 1.1:
- Addition of Dynamic Text-File IP Filtering.
- PFOs can now have comments.
Main changes in version 1.0.7:
- A Unicode version is available.
- Fixed the settings-saving glitches.
- A few other minor changes/improvements.
Main changes in version 220.127.116.11:
- Ability to run as a Windows service.
- NetworkActivAUTAPFv2.0_Win32.7z (v2.0.2):
- NetworkActivAUTAPFv2.0_Win32.exe (v2.0.2):
- NetworkActivAUTAPFv2.0_Win32.zip (v2.0.2):
- NetworkActivAUTAPFv2.0_x64.7z (v2.0.2):
- NetworkActivAUTAPFv2.0_x64.exe (v2.0.2):
- NetworkActivAUTAPFv2.0_x64.zip (v2.0.2):