[No download available]
Notice: This is the old version of PIAFCTM. For the newer and much better version, which is also Freeware, click here
Dual mode packet analyzer:
Mode 1 (Packet interceptor)
Receive and analyze IP packets from your network or the internet. Analyze only the packets of interest to you by way of filtering; this filtering may be done by IP address, port, packet size, protocol, or sub-string searching of packet content. Also, you can search for a sub-string within the current list of packets, save the list of packets to a text file, view the contents of each packet, and more.
Mode 2 (HTTP file interceptor)
This mode collects packets of the HTTP protocol, analyzes the packets, constructs them into usable files, and then automatically saves these files to a user specified directory. These files may be web-pages, pictures, videos, downloads, and more. You may filter the saving of files by IP address, port, and/or file size.
Windows(c) 2000 / *XP / 2003 Server
*If you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), you will need to stop the Windows Firewall service (Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)) before you can capture traffic.
A screen resolution of at least 800x600 is highly recommended.
Recent version update history
Changes in v1.5.2 (released 2003.April.01):
- Multiple bugs fixed including File Mode crash.
- File Mode - massive & minor memory leaks fixed.
- File Mode now shows dynamic memory allocations.
- File Mode now capable of 100,000 simultaneous files.
- File Mode now supports many more mime-types.
- New ability to switch between File and Packet modes.
- File Mode - more statistical information.
- File Mode - major & minor optimizations.
- File Mode - new Dirty Mode for higher performance.
- File Mode - current receive buffer usage now shown.
- Program name has been changed again (this is the third time).
Changes in v1.5.1 (released 2003.February.28):
- Some bugs fixed for both modes.
- Option to not allow Partial Content for File Mode.
- Two new TCP Specific options.
- Option to only save listed packets for Packet Mode.
Changes in v1.5 (released 2003.February.09):
- Ability to set program to use Windows colors.
- Packet Mode window is now resizable.
- Packet list - auto follow new packets.
- Fixed-width font for packet data fields.
- Packet list now has right-click / context-button menu.
- Some bugs fixed.
- Minor optimizations.
- Packet list can now be sorted by clicking on columns.
- Packet list menu now has TCP specific options.
- New "General Settings" under "Settings" menu.
- New automatic packet logging feature.
- Better packet filtering for Packet Mode.
- Ability to set the sound to play for new packets.
- Various other changes and improvements.
Changes in v184.108.40.206 (unreleased):
- Internal receive buffer size increased.
Changes in v220.127.116.11 (released 2002.August.23 ?):
- Packets saved to text file now contain Time/Date.
Changes in v18.104.22.168 (released 2002.July.09):
Changes in v1.4.2 (unreleased):
- Packet ordering issue fixed.
- Time (packets and files) now shows milliseconds.
Changes in v1.4.1 (unreleased):
- IP filters are now done by lists.
- Program now has an un-installer.
Changes in v1.4 (released 2002.June):
- Window settings saved on exit & restored on startup.
- File Mode.
- Packet Filters dialog for Packet Mode.
- Button to check for newer version in About.
- Integrated self contained installation program.
Changes in v1.3 (released 2002.April):
- Shows TCP specific information.
- Find string in current packets option.
- Packet filters allow controlled packet reception.
- Now receives all IP packet types.
- Interface choice.
- A few bugs fixed.
- Program name has been changed again (this is the second time).
Changes in v1.2 (released 2002.January.05):
- Menu system.
- Program name has been changed.
- About dialog.
- Help dialog.
- Option to view packet in Dec, Hex, or Text.
- Ability to save list of packets to a file.
Changes in v22.214.171.124 (released 2001.December.10):
Changes in v126.96.36.199 (released 2001.December.03):
- Better looking interface.
- Much better looking & more informative list.
- Better packet type telling.
- Common uses of ports from huge list.
- PC-Speaker sound on/off option.
- Some optimizations and bug fixes.
Changes in v1.0 (released 2001.October.15):
- Oldest records available show 2001.January.01 as the original creation date.