Port Scanner 4.0
NetworkActiv Port Scanner is a network exploration and administration tool that allows you to scan and explore internal LANs and external WANs. Because of the versatility and choosable operating modes available in NetworkActiv Port Scanner, it may be used by experienced network administrators as well as by novices. NetworkActiv Port Scanner provides all the basic features that you'd expect in an advanced network scanner, but also provides many additional features and technologies, some of which being completely unique to this scanner. NetworkActiv Port Scanner provides scanning performance simply not found in other Windows based network scanners, but one will need to actually try it to understand just how fast a network scan can be.
- TCP connect() port scanner (standard TCP port scanner).
- TCP SYN port scanner (auxiliary TCP port scanner).
- UDP port scanner with automatic speed control.
- UDP subnet port scanner.
- Ping scanning of subnets (UDP or ICMP).
- TCP subnet port scanner, for finding Web servers and other servers.
- High performance trace-route.
- Remote OS detection: Ability to make an educated guess about the OS (Operating System) of a remote host, this is done by TCP/IP stack fingerprinting.
- Wizard Mode: Walks you through step-by-step to perform network scanning, trace-route, and more.
- Whois Client: Ability to perform whois queries, user may either specify a whois server, or have the program attempt to determine a whois server automatically (works with most domains).
- DNS Dig system: Performs DNS dig queries, user may choose between TCP and UDP, specify a DNS server or have the program attempt to determine the authoritative server automatically (works with most domains).
- Simple Port Scanner Mode.
- Graphical user interface, with skin support.
- Ability to notify user if remote computer being scanned is stealth.
- User configurable maximum speed (ranging from 2 PPS to non-limited).
- Attempts to determine host responses for TCP connect() port scanner and subnet port scanner.
- Common port use list, may help user determine the use of an open port.
- Random order, reverse order, and "Only Scan Known Ports" port scanner capable.
- Ability to save the results of the port scanner, subnet port scanner, and other lists to text files.
- Integration between subnet port scanner, port scanner, Windows(c) clipboard, and other programs - customizable.
Why a port scanner and a subnet scanner are important
A port scanner is a utility used to find open ports on an IP address (host), ports that are open on a host represent services, servers, and sometimes internet applications (possibly trojans), therefore a port scanner can inform you of such services, servers, etc. running on a local or remote system. port scanners may assist you in the detection of trojans and other unwanted servers/applications.
A subnet port scanner is a utility used to find computers at a given IP subnet with a given port open. A subnet port scanner may allow network administrators to quickly check large numbers of computers on a network. The subnet port scanner included in NetworkActiv (Port) Scanner includes the following features:
- Possible detection of trojans on remote and local systems.
- Multiple technique ability to find computers currently connected on the network.
- Lists host responses on open TCP ports, may be useful in determining the type of FTP servers running, operating systems, etc...
- View the current relative network traffic of each host by way of response time comparison.
- UDP subnet port scanner.
Download the original BlueActiv:
Download the original ColourActiv:
Download the original CromeActiv:
Download the original WaterActiv:
Windows(c) *98 / *ME / *NT / 2000 / **XP / ***2003 Server
*Certain features, such as TCP SYN scan, OS-Fingerprinting, and some others are not available on these operating systems.
**XP SP2 will not support certain features, such as TCP SYN scan, OS-Fingerprint, and some others.
***Windows 2003 may not support the UDP scanning.
A screen resolution of at least 800x600 is highly recommended.
Recent version update history
Changes since forever:
- This program was last updated in 2002, and so no changes could really be considered recent.